Your privacy on the Internet is extremely important to us. Because you give us personal information, we believe you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding what we do with that information. This privacy statement discloses the information we gather, how we use it, and how you can correct or change it.
Here's What We Do With Your Internet Provider (IP) Address
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information.
Here's Why We Place A Cookie On Your Hard Drive
Beck and Orr uses a feature of your Internet Web browser that is called a "cookie." A "cookie" is a file that your Web browser places on your computer's hard drive. When you initially log on to Beck and Orr's On-Line Store, we create a "cookie" for your computer and then use it to track your clicks as you go through the Web site. Approximately 95% of E-Commerce websites use "cookies" to help make their shopping cart work. We use them:
- To keep track of items you put into your shopping cart.
- To tell us whether you've visited us before.
- To help determine whether you came to our site from a particular Internet link or banner advertisement.
- To remember who you are. This allows us to auto fill-in forms with information that you have previously entered.
Your browser has instructions on how to disable cookies on your computer.
This Is Who Gets Your Information
Why Registration With Beck and Orr is Necessary
Our registration form asks you to give us information about yourself which will allow us to help you in the following ways.
- Process your orders accurately and quickly
- Reduce the amount of information you need to provide each time your purchase resources
- Protect your privacy
- Allow us to contact you with your requested information
- Personalize your experience on our site
When You Place an Order, This Is What We Do With the Information
- Verify and charge your credit card
- Ship the order you requested
- Contact you with customer service related questions
- Send you product catalogs and information as they become available
- Notify you with requested information
We'll Protect You When You're on Our Site
You Can Use Your Credit Cards Safely
We use a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. All user contact information is contained behind secured networks and is accessible only by a limited number of trusted employees who have special access rights to production systems. Passwords are encrypted in our secure database, which is also located behind secured networks. All sensitive/credit information supplied by users is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
How to Remove Your Name from Our Newsletter/Mailing List
You have the following options to remove your email address from our databases so that you will not receive any further information from In-Vision Marketing. To do so:
- Simply put the words "Unsubscribe" in the subject header and the email address associated with the unsubscribe email will be removed from our database.
- Send a letter to the following postal address:
Beck and Orr
3097 W. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43204.